Thursday, May 8, 2008

Kindergarten Play

Anna was a Hawiian Girl/Pineapple Princess for the school play. She did such a good job and had a great time. The whole theme was a FantaSea with lots of beach and underwater scenes. I got to help A LOT with the sets and props. I know my family was ready for it to be done today. We had a hard time getting parents involved but I really had a great time getting to know the teachers and PTO people. It's to bad we will be at a different school next year. The Beach scene was the easiest to do but oh the ocean scene. We did everything in flourscent colors and it was done in black light. It was so cute to see the different costumes under the black light though. They had a couple of kids be jelly fish and they held white umberellas with bubble wrap hanging down! It was so cute!!! The lobsters had a strob light on them and they just went crazy jumping up and down on the stage. It was quite a production but it looked so good. We even had a parent make two clams that opened and closed with two little girls sitting inside being pearls. Another dad made a boat that looked so real and I thought it would be heavy but he used some kind of strofoam so it was so lite!!!! The kids had a really great time. Unfortunatly due to the bad weather, they are rescheduling the parent night performance. I was really glad I was able to go this morning to see it. The fun part is the local Power Board records it and shows it on TV later. I can't wait to see it. I hope you enjoy the video and hopefully it works

2 comments:

mysandbeach said...

RECORD IT FOR ME!! That sounds so cute and like so much work!! How fun!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! You have quite the dancer and entertainer right there! Looks great! Y'alls hard work paid off!